I came across this little quote about inner peace and thought I share it along with this photo from my recent travels to Hawaii-
“Inner peace begins the moment you decide not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.”
We are so programmed to react to people and events that this really made me think about what exactly that would mean to achieve inner peace. It is important to take care of ourselves, but how? Here are a few things that work for me:
- Remove yourself from your regular routines. We get caught up in daily routines that we forget to take care of ourselves
- Do things that make YOU happy. It might sound simple, but most times we just do things because that is what we are suppose to do. Are you happy doing those things?
- Find an easy and a cheap Escape. You can read a book, watch a movie, write a story, listen to music, or just sleep. Do things that get you away from the regular routines for a while.
- Let it go! If “it” (can be people too) is not helping you grow, let it go! You can’t keep carrying toxic things and people along in hopes of better days. Growth comes with sacrifices.
- Lastly, take a break from all things if you have to. Relax, Reflect and Renew your energy.